Montana coalitions came together to push for the repeal. A medical marijuana primer was produced to educate lawmakers and fellow health advocates. They also:
- visited lawmakers at the capital, Helena, early in the legislative session;
- distributed flyers describing youth use and the effects of marijuana on the teen brain;
- emailed, called and sent letters to policymakers;
- pinpointed setbacks in the current medical marijuana law and made suggestions to policymakers as they drafted a reform bill;
- collaborated with other group to create a united front, and a consistent argument;
- sent information to the media;
- responded to medical marijuana articles in a community forum on the newspaper blog;
- presented evidence as a panelist on medical marijuana repeal;
- began a statewide coalition to address policies related to drugs and alcohol.
Though it is expected that the governor will veto the repeal, there is a reform bill on its heels.